What I Have Learned So Far
By , Al Emid
The world has weathered through the most significant financial crisis in history. Everywhere there is fallout—lost investments, lost careers, lost homes, broken marriages and significant relationships. Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
Absolutely! Imagine sitting down for the weekend with 50 successful Canadians from all walks of life to hear about their brutal experiences and how they overcame them? Be inspired by well-known icons in sports, politics, music, entertainment and business, and lesser known but remarkable success stories from all walks of life. Learn proven ways to cope with crisis to revolutionize your insights and your resolve to overcome and succeed!
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR . . . explores solutions to crisis from the perspective of 50 people who have been there, done that and lived to succeed through brutal experiences.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR . . . asks the question “If you knew when you were 25 what you know now …” and then tells the reader in an entertaining narrative, the breathtaking, heartbreaking and often heart-warming stories that will show you how to navigate through personal dilemmas when experience is lacking.
Authors Paul Bates, a veteran financial industry executive and business school dean and Al Emid, a veteran business journalist, interview 50 outstanding individuals from all walks of life to ask them the very questions you would ask yourself. They bring you the fascinating and heart-warming stories of personal mistakes and recovery. You’ll share in the secrets you need to know every day to avoid conflict in work life, relationships, on civility, on human capital.
In WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR . . . you will discover:
- How to define what most counts in your work life
- How to value both time and money
- Why ‘money and showmanship’ aren’t everything
- How to shake off what some financial advisors call ‘the entitlement dilemma’
- When to give up security, predictability and a comfortable pension
- What to do when lifelong values and virtues are challenged in an instant
- How to put a stop to the allure of gambling, drinking, drug or other addictions
- How the concept of success has changed for people over the years
- How to develop your own legacy, “What I want to be remembered for. . .”