2017 Advanced Personal Tax Update
2017 Advanced Personal Tax Update
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Designed for the busy tax and financial professional these one-day workshops – held in six cities across Canada - are custom-designed to provide the most recent changes from CRA, Finance Canada, and Statistics Canada. Ideal for training new and returning staff, professionals may earn 10- CE/CPD credits by attending the workshop, doing the pre-reading in EverGreen Explanatory Notes and participating in important peer-to-peer learning and networking to build their businesses.
WHY IS THIS TIMELY? If you are working as a professional in the tax, bookkeeping or financial services preparing personal tax returns, or advising on tax-efficient retirement and investment planning with your clients, it is critical to know personal tax changes for the 2016 and 2017 tax years to answer questions about required documentation, tax preparation and compliance, audit-proofing and 2017 tax planning for individuals, businesses and multiple generations. This workshop provides everything you need to know to confidently prepare tax returns, provide tax planning answers, and train returning and seasonal staff.
Advisors are invited to stay on the cutting edge of their profession with all the practical information they need to prepare for the 2017 tax and RRSP season in one great day at the January session of Knowledge Bureau’s Distinguished Advisor Workshops. Featuring Canada’s top personal tax experts and special guests who are experts in security, technology and software, advisors have an opportunity to update tax knowledge, and think strategically about running a more successful, digital tax preparation and planning practice.
This workshop is also perfect for financial advisors who want to provide valuable, expert help answering their clients’ tax questions in the business tax season.
The workshop features powerpoint presentations and what many attendees call the advisor’s “Tax Bible”; a 300-plus-page Knowledge Journal that describes tax changes line-by-line.
EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED:
- Course Components: This one‐day workshop is delivered by well-known industry experts and includes a 300-plus-page Knowledge Journal that describes tax changes line-by-line for you to take home and use throughout tax season;
- Access to pre-reading in EverGreen Explanatory Notes, a comprehensive 800-topic online research library to prepare you for the comprehensive in-class session
- Option to continue your studies online post-session.
- CE/CPD Credits. Your clients will appreciate your investment in your updated knowledge. Earn a beautiful certificate and a total of 10 CE/CPD credits: Pre-Reading: Earn 3.5 CE/CPD credits. In-Class Session: Earn 6.5 CE/CPD credits. This workshop also qualifies for Insurance Council and IIROC Credits (CECAP), as well as 10 credits towards the DFA-Tax or Bookkeeping Services Specialist™ or MFA™ Designations. Most professional associations and organizations accept Knowledge Bureau certification for their CE/CPD requirements.
- Great Food! The all-inclusive workshop fees also include a lite breakfast, lunch, coffee, and snacks courtesy of our sponsors.
- Special Reduced Tuition Fees for the Workshop apply before January 10: Early Registrants, Designates and Groups. For more information, call 1-866-953-4769 or click here to register online.
HOTELS AND PREFERRED ROOM RATES INFORMATION:
|Jan 17, 2017||Vancouver||
Sandman City Centre
180 West Georgia St
Vancouver, BC V6P 4B4
This is a new location for DAW
Parking is $23 per day onsite or $11 dollars across street.
|Jan 18, 2017||Calgary||
Clarion Conference Centre
2120 16th Ave NE
Calgary, AB T2E 1L4
|Selkirk Room||Complimentary Parking|
|Jan 19, 2017||Edmonton||
Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton
Leduc, AB T9E OH7
|Royal East||Complimentary Parking|
|Jan 23, 2017||Toronto||
Pearson Convention Centre
2638 Steeles Ave E
Brampton ON L6T 4L7
Complimentary Parking at convention centre
and at Hilton Garden Inn (for bedrooms) they are side by side
|Jan 24, 2017||Ottawa||
Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa
2400 Alert Rd
Ottawa, ON K1V 1S1
To book please call 613-288-9001
or visit the website at www.ottawaairport.hgi.com
|Jan 25, 2017||Winnipeg||
Canad Inn Polopark
1405 St. Matthews Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3G 3P7
|Ambassador K||Complimentary Parking|