Focus: Professional Wealth Management
BA, R.F.P., CFP, TEP, CIM
RECIPIENT OF FELLOW OF FPSCTM Distinction
David Christianson has been a practicing financial planner and life advisor since 1982, specializing in helping clients identify and reach their financial and life goals, and then helping them manage all of their financial affairs. David leads the Christianson Wealth Advisors and is a Vice President of National Bank Financial, building on a long career as a fee-for-service planner, advisor and investment counsel.
- In 2012, the Knowledge Bureau published David’s unique book Managing The Bull - A No-Nonsense Approach to Personal Finance. (Review here - http://bit.ly/14NJtzT)
- Personal Finance columnist in the Winnipeg Free Press since 1994.
- David was lead author of both the Code of Professional Ethics and the Professional Standards of Practice for the Institute of Advanced Financial Planners.
- Author of The Structure of the Client Centered Practice (2002, Knowledge Bureau).
- MC of the Distinguished Advisor Conference 2011 - 2015.
Noteworthy Engagement and Broadcasting:
- Has hosted a radio show, and has been a featured guest on radio and TV countless times.
- He is also sought after for speaking engagements spanning a wide variety of professions and associations including Advocis, I.A.F.P., STEP, YPO, consumer groups and fund dealers.
Awards and Recognition:
- In 2014, David was named as one of the Top 50 Financial Advisors in Canada by Wealth Professional magazine.
- Named a Fellow of the FPSC 2013, by the Financial Planning Standards Council.
- Independent Financial Advisor Team of the Year, STEP Private Client Awards, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, London, UK, 2010 and 2011.
- Advisors Edge - Advisor of the Year, Prairie Region
- Canada 125 Commemorative Medal awarded by the Governor General in 1992, in recognition of volunteer leadership and community involvement.
David is married to Vera Steinberger, proud father of Sarah and Taylor. He enjoys sailing, skiing, travel and playing music - specifically bass guitar - with a high point in his career playing on stage with the band The Commitments in Dublin, Ireland. Winn$tock is the Winnipeg financial services industry battle of the bands, which has raised almost $600,000 for worthy causes since 2004. Dave is a founding board member, perennial competitor and occasional winner.