Ontario Budget Speech TodayPosted: March 27, 2018 By: Evelyn Jacks By :
Posted in: Strategic Thinking, Financial Literacy, knowledge bureau, Evelyn Jacks, Ontario budget, child care, tax reporting online education, passsive income, election campaign
Stay tuned to Knowledge Bureau Report next week as we decipher the controversial Ontario Provincial Budget. A pre-election budget, it has already been pre-empted with a series of goodies and promises:
- Free child care from 2 ½ years to kindergarten - $2.2 billion over three years
- Special Needs Education - $300 million over 3 years
- Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) - $2.4 billion (infrastructure build)
- Hospitals Funding Boost – additional $822 million (operations)
- Mental Health Care – $2.1 billion over 4 years
- Free Drugs for Seniors - $575 million (additional 4,400 drugs covered to align with free drugs for children and youth in 2017)
The above list is only things announced over the last 9 days, says Alan Rowell, RWM, MFA, DFA-Tax Services Specialist from The Accounting Place in Stoney Creek. Alan will help us decipher the fine print and report back to you.
“My interest,” he says, “is on whether Ontario will mirror TOSI and Passive Income to pay for all this or whether this news will be kept for after the election.”
Stay tuned to Knowledge Bureau Report and be sure to mark your calendar for the CE Summits, where all of the news for your clients will be discussed in a vibrant peer-to-peer setting.
©2018 Knowledge Bureau Inc. All Rights Reserved.
|Refer a Friend||Research||Calculators||Course Trials|