Accounting for Business Growth and Transition
Categories: Bookkeeping and Accounting, Succession & Estate Planning
It’s evident that an accounting department has an important day-to-day role to fulfill, but there is much more that can be done to help a company be successful. In the case of growing companies, it’s critical to understand where the business is at, the resources it needs to support future growth, potential gaps, and how they could be addressed.
Growing companies are dynamic places and there are a number of specialized issues that could arise during the life cycle of a business. Students will receive an understanding of the areas that they should proactively prepare to address as the member of the accounting function, as well as how to add value to the company during the process.
CONTENT DESCRIPTION AND KEY CONCEPTS:
This course addresses a range of areas that might be encountered during the evolution and growth of a company. Topics include organizational structures, consolidated financial statements, foreign exchange, due diligence requirements, and approaches for structuring a business transition. In addition, those who work in the accounting function will gain an understanding of how to take a leadership role in creating a value centered department that could help to support the growth and development initiatives that occur over the lifecycle of a business.
Learn about key areas that add value, including:
- Steps an accounting department can take to have the necessary financial records and results on hand in advance of a business transition
- Understanding the due diligence process, what buyers and sellers need, and how to achieve a managed result
- How to support a business leader prior to, during, and after a transition
- Understanding the strategic mindset so often displayed by business leaders and how the accounting function can take steps to add value, in both day-to-day operations and times of transition
Quizzes, Case Studies and Practice Management Thesis: Exam and Marking Guide: Chapters end with multiple-choice and true-to-life scenarios found online which test the practical application of the key concepts covered in the course. Actual time spent is influenced by factors such as the student's background and individual learning style.
KNOWLEDGE BUREAU TOOLS INCLUDED:
- EverGreen Explanatory Notes
Knowledge Bureau Calculators
- Financial Assessment Calculator
- Income Tax Estimator
- Marginal Tax Rate Calculator
- Investment Income Calculator
- Cash Flow Calculator
- Registered vs. Non-Registered Calculator
- Fixed vs. Variable Income Calculator
- Tax-Efficient Retirement Income Calculator