Online Pre-Budget Consultations for Budget 2008
The Government has launched an online budget consultation process. They are seeking your answers to these following questions:
- What steps should the Government take in Budget 2008 (and beyond) to ensure that Canada is prepared to deal with the implications of an aging population?
- Should the Government be implementing broad-based policies that will help all sectors of the economy to succeed or should it focus on developing policies to assist specific industries facing special challenges?
- In what areas should the Government focus its resources in Budget 2008 (and beyond)? If resources need to be redirected from other areas, what areas should these be?
- What steps should the Government take in Budget 2008 (and beyond) to ensure that the Canadian economy remains internationally competitive, continues to attract investment and creates high value-added jobs?
- What tax and other measures should the Government take to ensure that Canada keeps its best and brightest, attracts highly skilled immigrants, encourages as many people as possible to enter the workforce, and rewards Canadians for their hard work, while respecting the Government s fiscal goals?
- What other issues would you like to address?
You may participate in this consultation by February 11, 2008 at: www.fin.gc.ca/activty/consult/prebud08_e.html.