Last updated: October 23 2012
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has been charged with reducing red tape and making it easier for small businesses to do business.
The CRA recently produced a list of improvements being brought online:
• New result screens have been added to the Payroll Deduction Online Calculator.
• Using the new RC366 form, businesses can request direct deposit for GST/HST, Payroll and/or Corporation Income Tax to one or multiple bank accounts, all on one form.
• Some businesses can submit certain documents electronically to support their T2 returns when requested by the CRA.
• Users of My Business Account can view their original online enquiries at any time by using reference numbers.
• Most businesses can file their GST190, GST/HST New Housing Rebate Application for Houses Purchased from a Builder electronically.
• The CRA has increased to 100 from 50 the number of information returns a business can file in a single submission using the CRA’s Web Forms application.
• Every service in My Business Account now has sidebar links to the Message Centre, making the service easier to navigate.
• Businesses can electronically elect to use the quick method of accounting for GST/HST filings.